The holiday season is here once again! It’s the time for celebration and merry-making, and lots of eating and drinking.
Co-founder and co-director for the Passages Malibu Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment Center Pax Prentiss confirmed that cases of fatal vehicular accidents increase by two or three times during the holiday season compared to the other seasons of the year.
“Excessive alcohol consumption costs the United States $223.5 billion per year and 15 percent of the U.S. adult population binge drank in past 30 days and this percentage increases over the holidays,” he said.
It is important then for family members to be wary of the signs of alcohol abuse. If there should be anyone in the family who is suffering from alcohol addiction, it is vital that the concerned person seek help and treatment with the help of his loved ones. In most cases, getting the right treatment at the right time spells the difference between life and death.
Here are some signs that will help detect possible alcohol abuse problems:
– drinking alone
– providing lots of excuses to justify his drinking habits.
– claiming to drink less amount or less frequency than actual
– unable to recall past events that happened the night before and habitually seeking others’ help to remember them
– making alcohol a priority
– refuses to open up about one’s drinking habits