Alcohol Poisoned Amy Winehouse to Death


A coroner’s report has finally shed light on British singer Amy Winehouse’s cause of death. According to the findings released, Winehouse had alcohol in her system which was five times more than the legal limit set for driving when she died.

Amy WinehouseThe singer was found dead on July 23 at her home in London. She lived the last few of her 27 years with constant warnings about her drugs and alcohol addiction.

During the time of Amy’s death, her blood-alcohol was high up because she drank heavily after abstaining for three weeks, thus resulting to alcohol poisoning that claimed her life.

The legal drink-drive limit is at 80mg, but Winehouse had 416mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood. There were three empty bottles of vodka recovered in her home during police investigation.

Coroner Suzanne Greenway stated that the singer died due to the sudden and massive amount of alcohol that she took the day she died. “She had consumed sufficient alcohol at 416mg per decilitre (of blood) and the unintended consequence of such potentially fatal levels was her sudden and unexpected death.”

Winehouse’s doctor Christina Romete said that she had repeatedly warned the singer about the consequences of her actions. “The advice I had given to Amy over a long period of time was verbal and in written form about all the effects alcohol can have on the system, including respiratory depression and death, heart problems, fertility problems and liver problems,” she said.

Pass it on. Help a friend or a loved one.
  1. No comments yet.
(will not be published)


  1. No trackbacks yet.